Our Church’s Covenant

We covenant one with another to seek and respond to the word and the will of God. We purpose to walk together in the ways of the Lord, made known and to be made known to us. We hold it to be the mission of the church to witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ in all the world, while worshiping God, and striving for the truth, justice and peace. As did those who came before, we depend on the Holy Spirit to lead and empower us. We pray for the coming of the kingdom of God, and we look with faith toward the triumph of righteousness and eternal life.


“The history of our Congregational heritage is both honorable and interesting. Its influence in education, civil discourse, mission outreach, issues of justice, just to name a few, was led by brave women and men of amazing faith and conviction.”

What We've Achieved

  • Oldest Continuous Congregational Trinitarian Church in the Country
  • In 1838 we built our 5th and current Church
  • In 1848 The Ladies Benevolent Society began and continues today
  • In 1849 the Parish Hall was built and in the 1950s, extended to its current size
  • 1875 Our Missions Program began and continues to provide outreach locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
  • In 1927 sent "Miss Betty" a friendship doll to Senmaya, Japan (now part of the city of Inchinoseki) and received two dolls back that the church still treasure